Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Why the smile er'day?


Since I acknowledge my truimphs, back in grade 7, primary school, I have been putting a smile on my face. I do admit though that me doing this has been on and off.

Now that I am at the best varsity in Africa, doing my 2nd year, I feel like this year that I will be happy the most.

The reasons as to why I am happy, though partly:


  1. I am taking concentration tablets - When this medication kicks in my system it starts off by making me happy. After a few hours have passed this medication makes me very shaky and moody.
  2. I am privileged to be at one of the best Universities in South Africa, University of Cape Town.
  3. I am also privileged to be in the best residence in Africa, Smuts Hall. At this residence I have found friends whom I can turn to when I'm going through hard times. They are very supportive.
  4.   I surround myself with positive and enriching environments.
  5. I consider myself as an example to others around me.
  6. I am different.
One of the main reasons why I am happy the most is however:

Having a very supportive mother. After coming to realization of my rehabilitated state it hasn't been easy for me to carry on with life. I have nursed behaviors that I didn't have before everything changed. The emotional and psychological damages I am now nursing is mainly getting quickly irritated and short-memory loss. At times I have given my mother trouble because of these behaviors. What strikes me the most about her is that she has chosen to accept me as I am and comfort me. In doing this she gives me sound advise at times. One of the most prominent advise she gave me was when she told me, "the car accident didn't happen to you, but happened for you..." 

Another reason as to why I put on a smile er'day is:

I am overcoming the obstacles that each new day presents to me. This also goes back in time.

Yesterday I was recalling all the severe challenges I have overcome. Wanting to commit suicide because of my circumstances. I wanted to commit suicide because I am being mocked. This therefore would not only make me feel extremely hurt but alone. 

Today however I am learning how to deal with these challenges. This includes the psychological and emotional damages I have nursed. One of the events that is helping me doing this was when I almost stepped on a dead body. The life lesson I learnt after this incident was, "what mark will I leave in the hearts of others." The person I had almost stepped on was involved in a car accident and sadly passed away. The other lesson that I learnt is that I was fortunate to still live after the car accident I was involved in whereas this person passed away after being hit by a car.

This went on to teach me that no matter how different I am to the person next to me, I will have an impact on their life in someway. (This can be translated into the character I have developed because of my surroundings)

I am happy because I am an over-comer.

On a lighter note:

Please do not see my life as the only more or less beautiful life, but see you as a unique and beautiful person.

No comments:

Post a Comment