Monday, January 18, 2016

Undermining myself

As I reflect on my life today I am amazed by how much times I have belittled myself. This thought has come to my mind as I am listening to motivational videos by Les Brown. Maybe it may be that I have been underminning myself because I thought of myself as little in relation to others. To some extent I was correct in doing this, because those ahead of me are more experienced than I am. Today I discover that I should not devalue myself because of this. In the same way that I am not perfect those ahead of me are not perfect. I as a little man might know something the one I look up to does not know.

"Life shouldn't be looked at from one angle, there are many sides to life."

I like to say when looking at those taller than me, "I am a short guy and you are a tall guy, I will grow. What will you do stretch?!

These two different concepts, growing and stretching, are in the end done to allow the same thing, growing. For me however he who is fully grown does not have the opportunity to grow. I who is short has the opportunity to grow, discover more... I might be privilleged enough to achieve more than he who has fully grown already.

"You don't get what you want in life, you get what you are. Believe in yourself." - Les Brown



When a thought came to my mind to help me overcome a barrier, I did not take it seriously. I waited for another to repeat the same thought to be really inspired by the thought.

"At the end of the day we must realise that we are all the same regardless of our differences. We all end up having the same thoughts in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Purpose - Isilumko Staffing

Though I graduated from the best university in Africa I still hadn't been fully formulated Like an empty vessel that makes a lot of...